Tuesday 25 September 2012

My love-hate relationship with food.

Got you drooling?

The sad fact lies in this: I love food, but my waistline thinks I eat a little too much from time to time.

Recently I've been on a  food-spree. And by recently I mean the past 2/3 months indulging in some of Singapore's best and worst foods (Ranging from good old hawker centre foods to posh restaurants) I've been searching for places to eat, and being very particular about the foods I consume, I decided to visit places worth my time like Royal China, Riders Cafe amongst many others.

Always.

But it's come to the point where I've realized I've gain quite a significant amount of weight it's a tad bit depressing. Don't get me wrong, I exercise frequently. Three to five times a week to be precise, to keep up with the amount of food I've been consuming. But one day I came across this:


I'm not blessed with an extremely high metabolic rate, neither have I been cursed with a metabolic rate that refuses to co-operate with me. Rather I've been fortunate enough to have a metabolic rate that allows me to eat a decent amount of food without gaining much.

So I've decided I should start eating healthily like I did a few months ago. However, I do believe in moderation. There're no "wrong" foods one should not eat. Rather, it's all about moderating your intake and knowing that one cube of chocolate is enough and that chugging down almost half a pack of oreos won't make you feel any better than you are now.

I'll definitely still blog about foods, no doubt about that. I love food too much to give it up. But from now on, I'll just live life a little healthier than before.

Xoxo
Thehungryunicorn


No comments: