Thursday 7 June 2012

Banana Bread + Nutella Muffins: Baking after Midnight.

There are times when you're seated down, looking through recipes and suddenly you across a recipe in which the ingredients are all stored in your cabinet somewhere, waiting to be used? Tonight was the night I decided to whip up a banana bread and nutella muffins.


My burnt top banana bread :( The top was a tad bit burnt cos it was too near the heater of my mini toaster but nonetheless it was so, so good. Moist, bursting with flavour, full of walnuts & chocolate chips in every slice, I couldn't help but cut myself 2 slices for dessert knowing that I shouldn't be binging at night. But YOLO so... :) It was worth it. Btw sorry for the ugly picture, I had a whole loaf of bread but I cut it into half for my colleagues tmr and I ate 2 slices and kept the rest in the tupperware for my mom tomorrow so this was the best I could do with an iphone and at 12 in the morning. 


My 3 step nutella muffins! All this included was flour, an egg, & of course nutella. I had a whole tub of Nutella Ferraro Roche (Yes it's nutella AND Ferraro Roche in one!) lying in my fridge cos the only person that eats chocolate in the family is me so I decided to whip this up after baking the bread. I've a feeling I added a bit too much flour from the feel of the muffins cos they felt a bit too hard but I hope noone dies tomorrow when I bring them to work.

Anywho here's the recipe for my 3 step nutella muffin. For the people who can't sleep at night and need something to do:
Three-Ingredient Nutella Muffins/Cupcakes
adapted from Cake0rdeath
yields 6 muffins/cupcakes
3/4 cup Nutella Spread
1 Egg
4 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line 6 cups of a mini muffin pan with paper or muffin cases.
2. Put 1/2 cup of the Nutella and egg in a large bowl and whisk until properly blended. Add the flour and whisk until blended again.
3. Using an icecream scooper (or a spoon if you don't have one), put the batter into the prepared muffin tins (about 3/4 full) and bake until a pick comes out clean. Remember not to overbake and keep a watchful eye!
4. Set on a rack to cool completely which would take you about 10 mins.
5. Once cooled, put the remaining 1/4 of nutella over each muffin/cupcake and use a spoon to spread it out. Grab your icing sugar & ice those babies and you're done!

Okay I need my beauty sleep, g'night you lovely people!


No comments: