Wednesday 11 June 2014

Recipe: Bak Chor Mee Inspired Noodles

Hello beautifuls!

I'm back with a new recipe - Bak Chor Mee inspired noodles :D Now who doesn't love this God sent dish.


I've recently been missing the food back in SG and started using my time hunting for recipes that were easy yet reminds me of the cheap, delicious food you'd find in hawker centres. One of my favourite foods back home is, you guessed it, bak chor mee. $3.50 could give me a HUGE bowl of goodness that I would devour within minutes. 

So without further ado, here is a list of what you will need!


Soak dried shitake mushrooms overnight. Once soaked cut into slices. Boil the choi sam and set aside after. Fry the mushrooms with normal vegetable oil with a dash of salt, pepper, splash of black vinegar and about 1 tsp white sugar. Fry till soft and tender. Taste and add any more ingredients if needed. 

Once done, add it to the sauce you have prepared in a bowl. I added a mixture of ketchup and sambal as I like how they both complement each other. So please taste:)

*It is VERY important that you have every ingredient mentioned in the sauce!

In the mean time, boil minced pork (I just used pork belly as it was all I had) till done and set aside. Use the same water to boil the noodles for about 3 mins. Take the noodles out and add a splash of the water into the bowl for added flavour. 

Add noodles into the bowl and mix, mix, mix! Top with choi sam and wantons (you can find my recipe for wantons here) and you are DONE:)

I hope you guys enjoyed this. If you did try this out, do leave comments and let me know whether you liked them! They might not taste like the most legit bcm, but it sure tastes like home:)



No comments: