Tuesday 9 April 2013

#30daysmoothiechallenge


I have since hopped on the #30daysmoothie challenge which makes you have your daily intake of greens without you having to chew them and taste the bitterness with each painful bite. How awesome is that? 

I readily admit, I am a person who rarely eats her greens. And even if I do, they would either have to be so soft all the nutrients would have disappeared all I'm left with is are broccoli and carrots once filled with a chockfull of vitamins, or a few measly pieces of spinach leaves sandwiched between my crusted bread. Asparagus? Sure, just make sure they're soft and not crunchy. Yes, I don't like my veggies.

But ever since I chanced upon the 30 day smoothie challenge, I've told myself to embark on a new journey once more. To secretly incorporate more leafy greens into my diet without my tastebuds screaming for help and for on-the-go days when I simply do not have the time to measure the amount of ingredients I would need for a proper meal.

--


Berry Protein Bash
Serves 1

1 cup spinach, fresh
1 cups almond milk, unsweetened
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
1 banana
1/2 tablespoon flaxseed (Optional)*

*Make sure you grind your flaxseed before blending it as our body is unable to digest the flaxseed

Directions
Easy peasy. Put all the ingredients in a blender and... Blend! Serve with a side of berries if you'd like.

Nutritional Info

Happy Tuesday everyone!


No comments: